[CentOS] compiling buoh comic reader for C-6

Thomas Johansson thomasj at isy.liu.se
Sat Aug 6 10:37:12 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-06 04:01, fred smith wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to build the buoh comic reader for centos 6 and my head is
> getting tired of repeated forceful contact with the wall.
>
>   :
> The configure script refuses to deal with libsoup-2.4. so I look at what
> pkgconfig thinks the installed libsoup is, hack the configure script
> to look for that version and voila!
>
> ok, so now to do "make", which chokes on the first (only) file that
> includes any libsoup headers. it claims it can't find SoupURI, but
> it's "right there"!!. I've followed the chain of header file directories,
> heck, I've even compiled that one file with "-E" and verified that
> it expands to the right code. I can't see why it's complaining!

Well, it can find SoupURI, but not SoupUri as it's written in the buoh code. In libsoup-2.4 there seem to be a
number of changes in the code compared to version 2.2. The code in buoh is obviously not adopted to these changes.

hostname 291% grep -i soupuri src/*
src/buoh-comic-loader.c:            SoupUri *soup_uri = soup_uri_new (proxy_uri);

hostname 295% grep -i soupuri /usr/include/libsoup-2.4/libsoup/soup-uri.h | grep struct
struct _SoupURI {

Updating the buoh code to SoupURI fix the SoupUri error. The other errors becomes trickier. It's too much
efforts to fix that. Skip the compilation on C6. Instead file a report at http://buoh.steve-o.org/ and follow
the suggestions to compile a static binary on C5.6. Hopefully that will work on C6.