[CentOS] keyboard problem

bcb

bbowler at bigelow.org
Tue Aug 9 17:29:09 UTC 2011

OK, I know what I'm doing is "officially unsupported", but perhaps someone
has some suggestions...

I have a CentOS 5.6 system running as a virtual machine using VMware
player.  I cloned the system, booted the clone to make sure everything
worked after cloning, it did.  I then booted off a CentOS 6 ISO and did an
upgrade (I know, unsupported!).  I've got the system to the point where
everything works except the keyboard.

If I boot to a command line, it works, as soon as X gets involved, there
is no response at all from the keyboard.  The on-screen keyboard does
work.  The physical keyboard works in the host OS and all of the other
guest OSes on the machine.  It works in the original CentOS 5.6 VM.

I'm at a loss and would love some advice on where to look next.

Thanks!
Bruce