[CentOS] ffmpeg (resending, blocked by dnsbl.manitu.net)

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Wed Aug 10 21:37:49 UTC 2011

Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 05:11:12PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> This is annoying. I've been trying to get motion working correctly on
CentOS 6. First, there was no ffmpeg rpms. Now, I try to install it,
and
<snip>
>> I've run into problems with libfaad being missing before. Here's the
real question: how were the ffmpeg and ffmpeg-libs *built*, if a
libfaad package isn't available in the repository?

> I just use rpmforge's and never have issues. It's not always the latest
version, but I've always been able to do everything with it that I need.

*sigh* My manager doesn't want us to use rpmforge (though he'll make an
exception, at least for my testing, for kmod-nvidia, and even then, he
wants it disabled *except* for updating that).

> Don't know if that helps at all, probably doesn't, but the repoforge
ones have always worked well for me, through CentOS 5, and now 6.

Thanks, but not really. I'll also mention that he really, really prefer
that we not build except where absolutely necessary (like gspca for the
video device).

There's still the question: how can they build the package, if the
dependency's not there?

            mark

PS And I had to remove my hosting provider's mailhost *again*