[CentOS] ffmpeg

Brandon Ooi brandono at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:05:46 UTC 2011

I work with ffmpeg a lot. I recommend that you don't try to build the rpms
which are constantly out of date. ffmpeg is a moving target so I recommend
compiling it from git. It's relatively easy and you can find most of the
dependencies in either epel or rpmforge (lame, xvid, faac etc...). There are
a few dependencies that you need to also compile yourself but only if you
think you need those features (amr encoding, x264 etc..) x264 is also
notoriously out of date in any repo. You'll want to compile that yourself as
well.

Brandon