[CentOS] drop manitu.net

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Aug 11 19:03:45 UTC 2011

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> M.roth at 5-cent.us wrote on Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:12:03 -0400:
>
>> I'm not sure who you're answering or agreeing with, but my point is
>> still that 90% of everybody blocked has no clue whatever about what
>> to do about it, and esp. the people with infected systems. A standard
>> channel *to* an ISP for this kind of technical issue - either the
>> ISP notifying the spammer that their machine needs to be cleaned
>> before they'll be allowed back online, or between ISP, would do
>> something useful.
>
> You confuse things. Either talk about RR (= ISP) or Bluehost (= Hosting
> Provider). *You cannot mix both.* Users on ISP networks are blocked by

I'm sorry if I've confused you. I used to be on RR when I lived in Chicago
twice, and also in central Florida; that was several years ago. The last
two years, I've used Bluehost/Hostmonster as my HP, and used them to send
mail, *not* using my local ISP (which happens to be the phone co).
<snip>

        mark