[CentOS] Web Site centos.org is down

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Wed Aug 17 19:31:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 20:21 +0100, Jake Shipton wrote:

> I Had Tiscali, I was glad to get off of them.

Tiscali/Talk Talk/Opal can be an unforgettable nightmare.

>  Though I was sad to leave "Be*" ISP when I moved from Essex to Lincs.

They used highly skilled support staff in Rumania and Czech Republic and
probably other Eastern European countries too.

>  Going from a Steady
> 1.6/1.5MB/s (Not a typo, Megabytes not Megabits) to a Steady 1.0 to
> 3.0Mb/s was a harsh drop! (ADSL2+ to ADSL)
>
> Feels like I went back to dial up.. but it works.. :-).

There is FTTC (Fibre to the (road side) cabinet) locally. Plus Net do
it, but ghastly Talk Talk Business will not.

50% success. Only my Talk Talk Business connection will not connect to
Centos.org. Perhaps it is because business closed down at 17:00 hours or
so Talk Talk Business believe.

--
With best regards,

Paul.