[CentOS] Not receiving root mail

Anne Wilson

cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 22 11:49:21 UTC 2011

Although I have the alias defined in /etc/aliases and /etc/postfix/aliases,
I'm not receiving root mail.  Following the previous thread about unreceived
logwatch mail, I tested with a manual run of logwatch, and found that my ISP
is rejecting the mail because it is seeing an envelope carrying my local
address.  My suspicion is that the mail is going out via sendmail instead of
postfix-sendmail.  IIRC there used to be system-switch-mail or a similarly
named package.  I can't find any such package - and can't remember which file
it edited.  Can someone please point me to that file?

Anne