[CentOS] System crashing suddenly.

Lisandro Grullon lgrullon at CityTech.Cuny.Edu
Mon Aug 22 13:43:43 UTC 2011

Thank you peter for the input...I don't think its the motherboard as I
have 5 of these boxes and they all experiencing the same problem
(running the latest bios). I tried switching the RAM around and did
manual timing at 667 in the BIOS, hope this fixes the problem. Kingston
won't be too happy if I tell them that there memory is not working in my
systems specially when we talking about 512GB of memory. Let's see what
happens, I will report back as I monitor this situation.

On Monday, August 22, 2011 01:36:11 PM Lisandro Grullon wrote:
> Dear List,
> I have been getting system crash, syslog is reporting the following
in
> stdout...please advise.

Sure, please don't use "reply" when starting a new thread.

> Message from syslogd at saturn at Aug 21 03:38:08 ...
>  kernel: Northbridge Error, node 0

As for this, most likely one or several bad DIMMs (or possibly bad
MB).

/Peter