[CentOS] Not receiving root mail

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Aug 23 10:12:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:59:08AM +0200, Marc Deop i Argemí wrote:

> On 23/08/2011 11:46, Tony Mountifield wrote:

> > Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> I removed sendmail - but it also removed clamav-milter.  When I tried
> >> to re-install clamav-milter it would have pulled sendmail back in so I
> >> aborted.  Advice?
> > milters are specific to sendmail. clamav-milter is a linkage between
> > ClamAV and sendmail, so you don't need it with postfix. If you want to
> > use ClamAV, you will need to find out how to link it with postfix, but
> > it won't be by using clamav-milter.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Tony

> You can get src.rpm files for clamav from here:
>
> http://pkgs.repoforge.org/clamav/

Not even necessary to use the src.rpm.  A simple yum install clamav will
install without pulling sendmail.  However, as Tony wrote, Anne will
have to figure out how to use clamav with postfix.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: You can't see everything. You're just a vampire
like everyone else. . . that didn't come out right.