[CentOS] OT: Hardware upgrade help

Yves Bellefeuille yan at storm.ca
Wed Aug 24 01:24:36 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 23 August 2011 20:17, Thomas Dukes wrote:

> I haven't kept up with hardware in years so I'm dumber than dirt on
> what's out there. I would prefer a desktop so I can stack it. Don't
> think I need to do the Xeon as that would be overkill for a home
> user.

I suggest looking at the system guides at Tech Report, even though they
don't deal with servers specifically:
http://techreport.com/articles.x/21462

Ars Technica also has system guides, but less frequently, and they're
not as useful, im my opinion:
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/guides/2011/03/ars-system-guide-march-2011-edition.ars

These guides do assume that you'll be doing a fair amount of Windows
gaming, so you may want to spend less on a graphics card than they
suggest.

Yves

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>
"La Esperanta Civito ne rifuzas anticipe la kunlaboron de erarintoj, se