[CentOS] Off topic list for centos please?

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Thu Aug 25 15:41:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 04:32:10PM +0100, Always Learning wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 10:34 -0400, Ross Walker wrote:

I have noticed that in other areas where I am subscribed to a
tech list of this nature and where there are multiple lists
supposedly to separate topics, it doesn't work very well.
One of the lists tends to become dominant and people just post
there, occasionally cross-posting to one of the others.

So, one list becomes general purpose and the others become mostly
ignored.   The result is a lot more people complaining about OT
posts and arguing about where things should be posted - thus
increasing the OT traffic.

So, if people will just be a little less quick to complain about
OT posts, this list would see an actual reduction in OT posts.

////jerry