[CentOS] svnserve and SysVinit

Andrew Dorozhkin glukensoft at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 08:10:31 UTC 2011

26.08.2011 2:13, Craig White wrote:
> ah - never installed or used it - simply used the ssh/http/file transports I guess - seemed to be enough.
Indeed, I really forgot to mention ssh-tunneling in the op-post.

But I like"classic" svn:// access scheme with per-repo configuration and
artificial user accounts stored in $REPO/conf/svnserve.conf most of all,
so I have configured
svnserve to be spawned on demand by xinetd already and it works well.

Even though there is not an actual problem to make svnserve up and
running in 6.x I am still
concerned about possible reasons which lead to svnserve-as-daemon
abandonment as of 6.0.