[CentOS] Cent OS 6 freezing up

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Aug 26 13:09:09 UTC 2011

John Doe wrote:
> From: Jimmy Bradley <bmobile40 at ocellaris.net>
>
>>      I've been out of pocket for a while, so don't shoot me, if this
has already been brought up. I'm having a problem with my desktop
freezing up, and I'm running Cent OS 6. It seems to happen while I'm
running firefox. I'm not sure if it's firefox, or the OS that's locking
up. When it freezes up, nothing will respond, so I'm inclined  to think
it's the OS that's freezing up. Has anyone else been having this
problem?

> I've had "many" temporary whole desktop freezes due to Firefox being
overloaded.
> Not sure who is the culprit... Gnome? Xorg? NVidia driver?
> Guess nothing in the bios or lnux logs?
> You could try another browser for a while and see if there are no more
freezes...

I wouldn't say "many", but yes, it does. It also does things like slowing
to a crawl, and then there's when I allow something via noscript, and
refresh the page... and then have to refresh and restart the streaming
media that's running in another tab.

        mark