[CentOS] Cent OS 6 freezing up

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Sat Aug 27 00:12:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 19:33 -0400, ken wrote:

> > The Internet is littered with news of Flash bugs. HTML 5 offers the same
> > facilities except it does not hide information on your hard disk like
> > Flash does.

> Thanks for the news.  I don't pick all the latest very often.
>
> Even back when I was running 5.5, I'd get those hangs/freezes.  I went
> into FF's Preferences (I think) and disabled flash.  Most of the
> problems went away.

Advantages of FF 4 with HTML 5

http://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/05/firefox-4-the-html5-parser-inline-svg-speed-and-more/

Problems with no 'official' video format for HTML 5

http://lifehacker.com/5488607/can-i-play-html5-youtube-videos-in-firefox-right-now

An alternative to Flash

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/watch-youtube-videos-in-html5/

The last 2 links mentioned Linux problems with buggy Flash.

Paul.