[CentOS] mysql authentication in proftpd

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Sat Aug 27 00:24:05 UTC 2011

Hi Tim,

>  I have installed proftpd-mysql ...

I do not know the answer. On Centos 5.x I use as FTP sever the standard
server VSftp. It has always worked problemlessly. For client I use
Filezilla. That too just works.

I do not understand why you are involving 'sql modules'.

Are you trying to transfer MySQL data to a remote server?

I use SSH (I think it is) from with Gnome to transfer some date between servers.

Best regards,

Paul
Centos 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 with VSftp, FileZilla, MySQL etc. - They just work for me.