[CentOS] ImageMagick : Centos GUI ?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat Aug 27 11:51:00 UTC 2011

> I accidentally discovered 'convert'. It is a command line utility.
> Changing a file from png to gif works like this
>
> 	convert aaa.png aaa.gif
>
> Amazingly simple, powerful and effective.
>
> I've since discovered it has an amazing list of options
>
> 	convert --help
>
> a manual
>
> 	file:///usr/share/doc/ImageMagick-6.2.8/www/convert.html
>
> and a web site
>
> 	http://www.imagemagick.org/
>

> Does anyone have suggestions for a GUI which works for Centos 5.6 ?
> In production I run the command line program from PHP with 'exec'.

ImageMagick includes its own GUI:

man display

And see:

man ImageMagick

for a complete list of ImageMagick programs.

The GUI is rather basic -- it is not meant as a anything like a
replacement for the likes of GIMP or xv or any of the other other image
display and manipulation programs out there.  ImageMagick is meant to
be a *CLI* workhorse.