[CentOS] Off topic list for centos please?

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Sun Aug 28 13:12:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 13:58 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> The other issue that we have, which many other lists dont - is that
> the membership churn is quite high. And without exception, we fail
> quite comprehensively as a group to capitalise on that. W

Please explain how, or why, the group should 'capitalise' on membership
churn ?  Churn, what the English once called 'turnover', means people
departing. How could departees be 'capitalised on' ?  Given a free 'I
Love Centos' sticker as a memento  ?

I favour publicising Centos more. It really is a brilliant product
created and maintained by a tiny few who are mainly unknown to the vast
quantity of world users.

I suggest an annual week long Centos event on every continent. For
Europe, perhaps in sunny Belgium. To make it affordable for all it could
be camping rather than expensive hotels and held in June, July or
August.

--
With best regards,

Paul.