[CentOS] Off topic list for centos please?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sun Aug 28 15:27:58 UTC 2011

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> From: Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Off topic list for centos please?
>
> On 08/28/2011 02:12 PM, Always Learning wrote:
>>> The other issue that we have, which many other lists dont - is that
>>> the membership churn is quite high. And without exception, we fail
>>> quite comprehensively as a group to capitalise on that. W
>>
>> Please explain how, or why, the group should 'capitalise' on membership
>> churn ?  Churn, what the English once called 'turnover', means people
>> departing. How could departees be 'capitalised on' ?  Given a free 'I
>> Love Centos' sticker as a memento  ?
>
> ok, to me Churn implies people joining and leaving, turnover is high. We
> do have lots of people joining, but we have a lot of people leaving due
> to the various reasons, its that we should address. We have the benefit
> of lots of people coming in, lets capitalise on that to expand the user
> base, the knowledge base and the general community at large. Rather than
> fail in the way we do by driving away large numbers.

Well I've been on *many* mailing lists, and there's no way I
could keep on them all at the same time :(

Apache, MySQL, SQLite, PHP install, Alpine, plus others. So
my reasons to unsub from the list, would be to reduce the
number of mails coming to my inbox each day. A classic
example would be if I was moving house - get off as many
lists as possible to reduce the backlog of emails for me to
wade through after the move.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: