[CentOS] CentOS 6 IPv6: neighbor and restart network

Helmut Drodofsky

drodofsky at internet-xs.de
Tue Aug 30 11:24:47 UTC 2011

Hallo,

for using the ipv6 neighbor functions, I have to execute commands like
ip -6 neigh add proxy 2001::211:d8ff:fe97:3273 dev eth0
to publish the ip of computers in the subnet.

To execute them on reboot, I have included these commands in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Also after each restart of the network, I have to execute these commands too.

So: how can I always execute

/etc/rc.d/rc.local

after

service network restart

My idea:
Is it possible to rename /etc/network to /etc/network_original and to create a new shell script /etc/network to execute both?

Other/better advice?

Thank you for help in advance.

Helmut