[CentOS] Centos VPS Kernel 2.6.35.4 & 'string-less' IP tables

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Wed Aug 31 03:17:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 22:11 -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 04:07:44AM +0100, Always Learning wrote:
> >
> > Have already done that. I'm getting about 6,000 web hits a day (all
> > wrong URLs) from a lunatic who I can stop in IP Tables but only if the
> > alleged Centos version is up-to-date.
>
> Has nothing to do with being up-to-date; it has to do with no having the
> necessary iptables facilities available.  Talk to your hoster.

NO I will not. I have already emailed them.

The necessary IP Tables facilities are not available. Therefore,
contrary to your strange assertion "Has nothing to do with being
up-to-date" that IP Tables version is certain OUT-OF-DATE because the
modern parts have not been included !!!

Have a nice day.

Paul.