[CentOS] OT: help with email list reading programs w/ best features to read the centos and other lists that can filter people etc

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Wed Aug 31 13:34:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 09:25 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> So how is kmail these days? I jumped ship to t-bird about '03 or '05, when
> I got tired of kmail munging my mbox (I tend to have thousands of emails
> stored there, before I get around to moving them to a dated folder...).

Why not store them in a correspondence database ?  I wrote one which has
capacity for 999,999 main entries, each entry can have 99 sub-entries
and data can be retrieved by any partial key-word (6 different key word
fields), date (partial of whole), reference number, partial match of
main entry description, separate names database reference, text search.
Main entries can be linked via key-words to other main entries and there
is user settable 'revision date' so one can see what is overdue.

One can also email directly from within the database, which stores the
outgoing email automatically.

Retrieval time is about 1 to 3 seconds providing the Internet is up.

Regards,

Always Programming.