[CentOS] fail2ban help

Tue Aug 9 08:39:57 UTC 2011
Nikos Gatsis - Qbit <ngatsis at qbit.gr>

Hello list.
I have a question for fail2ban for bad logins on sasl.
I use sasl, sendmail and cyrus-imapd.
In jail.conf I use the following syntax:

[sasl-iptables]

enabled  = true
filter   = sasl
backend  = polling
action   = iptables[name=sasl, port=smtp, protocol=tcp]
           sendmail-whois[name=sasl, dest=my at email]
logpath  = /var/log/maillog
maxretry = 6

and the following filter:

failregex = (?i): warning: [-._\w]+\[<HOST>\]: SASL
(?:LOGIN|PLAIN|(?:CRAM|DIGEST)-MD5) authentication failed(:
[A-Za-z0-9+/]*={0,2})?$

in iptables:

fail2ban-sasl  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
dpt:smtp

Chain fail2ban-sasl (2 references)
RETURN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

The problem is that never ban bad logins.

I tried to change action as port="imap,imaps,pop3,pop3s,smtp" but
nothing change.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you,
Nikos