[CentOS] Problem getting eth0 up

Tue Aug 16 20:57:31 UTC 2011
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

I'm just starting to test CentOS 6 in our environment, and as a first step did a basic install from DVD (Desktop target, all defaults).  Next I will try to automate the installations as I did for CentOS 5 using the anakonda-ks.cfg file generated by the manual install.

However, I can't wrap my brain around the new NetworkManager to get it to configure the eth0 interface to obtain an IP address from our DHCP server. I've seen the FAQ on the wiki and the interface is up, but it doesn't get an IP address.  I've done the installation from DVD multiple times now, each time with the same result.  What am i missing?

Alfred