[CentOS] Centos6 - Logwatch not mailing on 64bit

Sun Aug 21 19:23:02 UTC 2011
david <david at daku.org>

Folks

Logwatch is doing its thing properly on my 32-bit servers, delivering
the report by mail to my root account once a day sometime around 3:30am.

On the 64-bit systems, no mail is occurring.  From the "cron" log on
a 64-bit system, there are lines like:

cron-20110821:Aug 21 03:36:23 XXX run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[9727]:
finished 0logwatch
(where "XXX" stands for the server name)

but no report is sent.

If I run logtwatch manually, by simply typing
   logwatch
as root, I get the mail.

Is this a known issue?  Is there some information I could supply that
would help identify the reason?
To the best of my knowledge, I made no changes to the logwatch configuration.

Thanks

David Kurn