[CentOS] help with gpg

Sun Aug 21 19:49:20 UTC 2011
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

  Under Centos 5 I ran this command:
gpg --passphrase-file /home/myuser/pass_phrase.txt -c
../Versions/program.x86_64.tgz

and this worked fine.

On CentOS 6 running the same command prompts me for the passphrase.

Thats exactly what I dont want to have happen. I have the pass phrase I
want in the file.

After some searching it says I need to start the daemon like "gpg-agent
--daemon"
take the output:
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/gpg-x4WH7K/S.gpg-agent:19156:1; export GPG_AGENT_INFO;
and use it - which I did.

Then when I run my command above I still get prompted for the pass phrase.

What am I not doing correct?

I just want a simple  phrase on a file that someone has to know before they
can extract it. Nothing special going on....

Thanks,

Jerry