[CentOS] OT: Hardware upgrade help

Wed Aug 24 00:17:46 UTC 2011
Thomas Dukes <tdukes at sc.rr.com>

I would like to upgrade my system to a 64 bit machine. I'd like to find a
bare bones platform to build on. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on
this as it is a home system. I looked on the CentOS sponsor page but only
saw hosting services.

I haven't kept up with hardware in years so I'm dumber than dirt on what's
out there. I would prefer a desktop so I can stack it. Don't think I need to
do the Xeon as that would be overkill for a home user.

This would be replacing my 'server' so I need PCI slots for an additional
NIC and a 32 bit video capture card used for zoneminder. Not sure what PCI
express is or if my cards would work in those slots. Yep, I'm running 8 yrs
old machines, IBM NetVistas. :-(

Any help or referal to a sponsor would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Eddie