[CentOS] centos speech to text?

Wed Aug 3 17:15:40 UTC 2011
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 08/03/2011 12:39 PM hadi motamedi wrote:
> On 8/2/11, ken <gebser at mousecar.com> wrote:
>> On 08/02/2011 04:32 AM hadi motamedi wrote:
>>> Dear All
>>> On my centos 5.6 , the KMouth is functioning for 'text to speech'
>>> facility. Can you please let me know if we have 'speech to text'
>>> facility for centos?
>>> Thank you
>>
> Thank you for your reply. I looked at your reference link but it seems
> that windows is ahead from Linux in this philosophy. Am I right?

Wikipedia is just one source of information and, while pretty good, not
the be-all and end-all of every topic.

Having used just one of these many years ago, I don't consider myself
qualified to judge all of the offerings.  (I wouldn't call it
"philosophy" though. :)

>From my limited experience with Linux-- only a couple decades-- I've
found that in some areas Windows is ahead, other areas Apple is ahead,
and in yet other areas Linux is ahead.  Being stingy (market-driven)
with their source code gives Windows and Apple some (at least temporary)
advantages in development.

--
"When a society comes together and makes decisions in harmony,
when it respects its most noble traditions, cares for its most