[CentOS] Two ftp clients? Why?

Wed Aug 3 19:53:53 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Wednesday, August 03, 2011 12:11:06 PM Les Mikesell wrote:
> Cygwin is 'just a .dll' as far as windows is concerned.  I think you can
> find bundled versions of just the rsync, ssh, and sshd executables with
> the cygwin dll, maybe even wrapped in a windows installer if you have
> something against the full cygwin setup.

CWRsync is one.  We use it for backing up our lightning detector and weather stations (both of which run on Windows for various reasons; in the lightning detector case, drivers for the Boltek board are, as far as I know, Windows-only), where we only want changes to be backed up (in trees with many hundreds if not thousands of small to medium-sized files), and from a server cron.... just exactly what rsync was designed to do.  It works quite well.  A full transfer using smbclient takes hours and loads down the controller PC's; rsync takes a few tens of seconds nightly and presents little load.