[CentOS] Can two machines in the same network have the same hostname with different IPs?

Tue Aug 9 13:00:47 UTC 2011
John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com>

From: Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75 at gmail.com>
>my task is to have 2 zimbra servers with mail.example.com with 2 ips
>192.168.0.1 is the primary, I want to rsync /opt of this server to the other server 192.168.0.2.
>then, primary fails, I have a backup on the other server. no data lost....
>This is what I want to achieve. but, NOT for any kind of ROUND ribbon DNS stuff..
On the server itself, as long as it is only in /etc/hosts, I think  you can (be sure to have hosts: files dns in nsswitch.conf).
So you mean to manualy modify your DNS to switch from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.2 if 192.168.0.1 is down?
Maybe have a look at the Zimbra multi server install documentation.

JD