[CentOS] keyboard problem

Tue Aug 9 20:22:07 UTC 2011
bcb <bbowler at bigelow.org>

On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 12:43:24 -0700, Scott Silva wrote:

> I would do my best to eliminate any el5 leftovers, and replace with el6
> versions. It will only come back later and bite you...

Of course!.  At the moment, I've eliminated/upgraded all of the el5
packages to el6 ones except for the various nss packages.  The "problem"
there (and maybe I'm just a bit ignorant about the right way around this)
is nss-softokn-freebl which has a conflict with nss-3.12.8-4.el5_6.
Normally I'd just rpm --erase --nodeps latter package, but when you do
that, yum, rpm, etc no longer work to install the newer version,
complaining vehemently about a missing nss package :-(

I'd love to know how to resolve that issue.

Thanks!
Bruce