[CentOS] Using Samba to share Apache web root, securely

Tue Aug 9 21:03:54 UTC 2011
Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl>

Hello Craig,

On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 08:44 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> I'm quite sure that if all the files are owned by the 'department_a'
> group and 'readable' by user apache as I have indicated,

> - create mask 664 & directory mask 775

Perhaps I should have made explicit in my post that I wouldn't recommend
such file permissions. Apache accessing files with world permissions is
ugly and it makes it impossible to run f.e. php with safe_mode or have
apache write files other than by allowing the world write access. Which
is why I described that setup with a shared group.

Regards,
Leonard.