[CentOS] setting up bare minimal CentOS VM

Tue Aug 9 23:26:44 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 08/09/11 4:02 PM, Craig White wrote:
> you have a complete kickstart script written for you already...
>
> /root/anaconda-ks.cfg

speaking of kickstart...   I may need to setup a portable kickstart
server for CentOS 6 , and I've never really messed with it...  how do
you supply the ks.cfg file when you're PXE booting and have no CD or floppy?

is there a good how-to on setting up kickstart servers for EL6 ?

redhat can't be serious when they say...

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-netboot-pxe-config.html

    30.2. PXE Boot Configuration

    The next step is to copy the files necessary to start the
    installation to the tftp server so they can be found when the client
    requests them. The tftp server is usually the same server as the
    network server exporting the installation tree.

    (end of section)

like, *WHAT* files??   does anyone PROOF READ this stuff ?!?  (yeah, I
know, this is upstream's problem, not CentOS...)