[CentOS] drop manitu.net

Thu Aug 11 15:28:21 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 8/11/2011 10:02 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>> So move them to gmail.  Price is right. End of problem.  If you don't
>
> No. Not ever. I have no intention of using a service that will have
> *years*, at least, of backups of all my mail, including stuff that was
> hypothetically d/l and *deleted*.

Wait, do you think you can send something anywhere on the internet
without it being monitored and potentially recorded?  What country is
this?  If you are concerned about who will see something, don't put it
anywhere on the internet.  My mail is boring enough that no one else
would bother reading it anyway.

>> That conversation would make sense if there were any spam blockers that
>> cared about the collateral damage to unrelated hosts that happen to be
>
> So, in your experience, there aren't *any*, they all block an entire range?
>
> If so, why is that a valid method for blocking spam?

I haven't done extensive research, but there's not really a good way to
do it at all, much less correctly.

>> in an IP range that they don't like.  I don't think you'll find any.
>> And it has always been that way since the start of those businesses.
>>
> Yes, 15 years ago. I reiterate: it has been *completely* wrong for about
> 10 years.

It was always wrong.  That doesn't mean it won't happen.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com