[CentOS] drop manitu.net

Thu Aug 11 17:52:30 UTC 2011
Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com>

On Aug 11, 2011, at 4:51 AM, mark wrote:

> Always Learning wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 21:36 -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:
>>> Waste of time and resources.  Learn how to properly handle email and
>>> none of this nonsense is necessary.
>>
>> Properly handling emails means, to me, not being too reliant on others
>> whose faults and omissions could impair your ability to send and receive
>> mail ..... and not being a willing victim of spam ;-)
>
> You don't seem to understand the issue. My hosting provider has
> literally hundreds of thousands of domains. The email gets funneled for
> all, I assume, except those paying for co-location, through their
> heavy-duty mailhost. manitu sees spam coming from that mailhost, and
> blocks EVERY EMAIL FROM EVERY DOMAIN that goes through it, even though
> none of the rest of us are running windows or spamming....
----
Not sure who it is that doesn't understand the issues.

If an RBL has designated a particular SMTP server or range of SMTP servers as a source for spam then the solution lies with those that own the SMTP servers to satisfy the RBL and get the blocks removed.

Yes, some RBL's are more aggressive than others but the notion that it blocks EVERY EMAIL FROM EVERY DOMAIN is exactly what RBL's are supposed to do since they don't worry at all about which e-mail or which domain at all... only SMTP servers from a particular IP Address or a range of IP Addresses.

Craig