[CentOS] drop manitu.net

Thu Aug 11 18:16:29 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net>

On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 13:56 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Craig White wrote:

> > If an RBL has designated a particular SMTP server or range of SMTP servers
> > as a source for spam then the solution lies with those that own the SMTP
> > servers to satisfy the RBL and get the blocks removed.
> >
> > Yes, some RBL's are more aggressive than others but the notion that it
> > blocks EVERY EMAIL FROM EVERY DOMAIN is exactly what RBL's are supposed to
> > do since they don't worry at all about which e-mail or which domain at
> > all... only SMTP servers from a particular IP Address or a range of IP
> > Addresses.

> And that's *EXACTLY* what I'm saying is the wrong thing to do. Dunno where
> you live, but go ahead, for whoever provides 'Net access to your home:
> call them up, or email them, and tell them to contact manitu, and to
> request that manitu put them on a whitelist.
>
> Let me know when they get back to you. I'll look for your email sometime
> around the time when you move and change providers.

You can not change the world on your own, even a little bit, without
some help. Help from mass 'Internet connections' ISP staff is often
dependent on not very intelligent people being able to understand your
problem and then having the ability to forward-on your concerns to a
more skilled person.

Your task can be onerous and arduous and it will consume your ever
decreasing free-time.

Be pragmatic. Accept partial defeat. Get an alternative email
arrangement and you may become more happier.

Incidentally as you run your own mail via Bluehost are you actually
affected, at the moment, by manitu because, presumably, you can send-out
by BH ?

--
With best regards,

Paul.