[CentOS] drop manitu.net

Thu Aug 11 19:07:49 UTC 2011

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> M.roth at 5-cent.us wrote on Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:46:22 -0400:
>
>> I'm sorry, nobody seems to get what I've been saying: I haven't been on
>> roadrunner for two years. I'm sending this email via bluehost, my
>> current
>> hosting provider.
>
> Ok, so you use Bluehost and one of their mailservers got on the list
> because spam was sent over it. Is that correct? There is an easy
> solution for them: they can ask Nixspam to be put on the whitelist or
> they can spamscan their outgoing SMTP (many hosting providers do that).
> Complain to them.

Assuming I can get someone who is *willing* to bump it up to tier 2 or 3
support, who *might* be able to do something about it.

And I will do that. However, manitu has been a problem a number of times.

>> Again, I haven't been with rr for two years. My current hosting
>> provider, Bluehosts, is is telling me that I was banned.
>
> *You* were "banned" or one of *their* mail servers got "banned"?

It appears that mail coming from their mailhost's IP was banned.

>> Also, again, it isn't just me. What was it, earlier this year? late last
>> year? one or two other folks were complaining, when they could *finally*
>> post again, that they'd been banned.
>
> You got blocked this single one time in two years and you already
> complain?

No. I've been blocked for a period ranging from hours to several days, and
kept getting myself unbanned, a number of times in the last couple of
years. And once or twice, the same time I was having this problem, there
were one or two others who, once they got unbanned, complained of the same
problem.
<snip>
> Is it really the first time that you hear about the concept of RBLs? They
> have been around for years and have proven to be one of the most effective
> ways to combat spam, still.

No, and I've always disagreed with the way they do it.

          mark