[CentOS] drop manitu.net

Thu Aug 11 19:12:33 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 8/11/2011 1:35 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>> Be pragmatic. Accept partial defeat. Get an alternative email
>> arrangement and you may become more happier.
>
> NO. I WILL *NOT* allow the goddamned spammers to block me from the 'Net,
> and I'm *not* willing to have them cost me my email, and go to somewhere
> else; certainly not to someone's suggestion of yahoo (and they aren't
> banned by manitu?)

Nobody is blocking _you_.   The spam services just provide a listing
that lets the recipients choose if they want to accept what you send
from questionable locations.

>> Incidentally as you run your own mail via Bluehost are you actually
>> affected, at the moment, by manitu because, presumably, you can send-out
>> by BH ?
>
> You misunderstand: I pay them for hosting. They provide the mailserver; it
> just comes from my domain on my virtual host on their servers. I don't run
> a business, so I'm not going to pay a *lot* more than $6US/mo to run my
> own mailserver....

Many/most ISP's provide an upstream SMTP relay as part of the service.
If they do, configure it as your smart_host and it will fix the problem.
  If they don't, find some other relay service.  Sending authenticated
smtp though a free gmail account would work but they might check to see
if the From: address matches the account (haven't tested that).  The
point is, that it will be easier to find a relay that someone trusts
than to get the rest of the world to trust your random IP address in a
block that anyone can get for $6/mo.  Or, feel free to waste your time
trying to change the world, but don't expect a lot of sympathy for the
pain of beating your head on a wall, even if the wall doesn't belong there.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com