[CentOS] can't list directories in ftp

Sat Aug 13 17:32:03 UTC 2011
Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org>

> Sorry for all the questions today. But I am trying to wrap up this ftp business and still having some issues. I appreciate your input.
>
> SELinux is temporarily disabled (until I can work this all out) and I am now able to log into the FTP server.

<snip>

> This is what my proftpd config is looking like at the moment.

<snip>

> # Masqurade Address
> MasqueradeAddress               xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

<snip>

I'm betting that your MasqueradeAddress is the issue.  This is great when
you are behind a NATing firewall, but for localhost testing, it could be
your issue.

Try commenting out your MasqueradeAddress line and it should create the
connection back through the IP address you connected from instead of
forcing the one in your MasqueradeAddress.  When you want to test the real
setup, put it back in.

Barry