[CentOS] Fedora and CentOS no longer on speaking terms

Fri Aug 19 16:46:06 UTC 2011
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Friday 19 Aug 2011 17:23:34 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 19 Aug 2011 15:43:23 Tony Schreiner wrote:
> >
> > NFS v4 problems maybe. Try setting a value for  Domain  in
> >
> > /etc/idmapd.conf
> >
> > on both systems (the same for both).
>
> That gave me an unbootable system.  I've removed it, and am back at square
>  1. Two things -
>
> I should have said that I can access the system from the laptop using ssh +
> keys.
>
> During bootup I saw many messages about nfs4 exports failing, so that's
>  whre the problem is, it seems.  Can you please give me a sample line of a
>  known good nfs4 export?

It's hard to be sure when messages flash by so quickly, but I got the
impression that there was something about fstab.  Maybe the format required
for those lines has changed, too?  These are the lines that I guess it is
looking at:

/Data1			/nfs4exports/Data1	none	bind		0 0
/Data2			/nfs4exports/Data2	none`	bind		0 0
/Data3			/nfs4exports/Data3	none	bind		0 0
/home			/nfs4exports/home	none	bind		0 0

I think there was something about wrong or missing type.  Each of those
partitions is defined earlier in fstab and does have the correct type stated.

Anne