[CentOS] PHP 5.3: IUS vs CentOS repos

Sat Aug 20 17:29:38 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 08/20/11 4:43 AM, Robert Heller wrote:
> Different issues.  php53*replaces*  php.  I did this on both a A CentOS
> 4 and two CentOS 5 machines.  Mostly painless -- just needed to

pg x.y versions prior to 9.0 replaced the PG 8.1 that came in EL5 (9.0
and later install to new directories so they can exist side by side).
further, the newer libpq isn't directly compatible with the older libpq,
so this compat-libs package provides a 'shim' library to fake the older
version.

     $ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libpq.so.4.1
     compat-postgresql-libs-4-1PGDG.rhel5
     $ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libpq.so.5.1