[CentOS] Not receiving root mail

Tue Aug 23 16:41:37 UTC 2011
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

> In article
> <CAJfU-f7nCz+iamXzg5rQ0VZAELctBCNcNFySYykAapXw5CeG6g at mail.gmail.com>,
> Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> I removed sendmail - but it also removed clamav-milter.  When I tried
>> to re-install clamav-milter it would have pulled sendmail back in so I
>> aborted.  Advice?
>
> milters are specific to sendmail. clamav-milter is a linkage between
> ClamAV and sendmail, so you don't need it with postfix. If you want to
> use ClamAV, you will need to find out how to link it with postfix, but
> it won't be by using clamav-milter.
>
> Cheers
> Tony

Sorry Tony, that's not correct. Though the MILTER interface (Send_M_ail
f_ILTER) originally was an enhancement in Sendmail, meanwhile since quite
some time Postfix supports milter applications as well.

http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html

So of course Postfix users can implement milter based solutions. And in
contrast to an AMaViS setup a milter based binding of ClamAV is
lightweight.

Regards

Alexander