[CentOS] OT: Hardware upgrade help

Wed Aug 24 16:28:39 UTC 2011

Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:17 PM -0400 Thomas Dukes
> <tdukes at sc.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I need PCI slots for an additional NIC and a 32 bit video capture card
>> used for zoneminder.
>
> Check with the zoneminder people to see what video capture options you can
> get today that will work with their code. Fewer and fewer machines come
> with PCI slots, which are incompatible with PCI-E. Some include a single
> PCI slot. Possibilities include an "IP camera" or a USB camera.

Check
<http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/guides/2011/03/ars-system-guide-march-2011-edition.ars>
It's got build your own system guides, for budget, performance, and
gaming. I was looking at it a few months ago, and the alternate board to
the budget, I think, had several PCI slots, as well as PCI-X.

        mark