[CentOS] OT: Hardware upgrade help

Wed Aug 24 23:26:54 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net>

On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 21:16 +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:

> Ebay sell SATA -> PATA and vica versa adapters, plus others.
> So you should be able to use existing PATA drives on a newer
> SATA m/b with the right adapter.

I was trying to avoid mentioning that 'name' in case one of the readers
got upset about 'commercial advertising'. If buying small parts from
them, get it from China, means waiting 2 - 3 weeks, at a really low
price. Some SATA motherboards have two PATA connections.

'That name' was where I got my current development machine at a good
price and without having to pay the almost compulsory Windoze Tax.

Paul.