[CentOS] UPS issues with PFC PSU

Thu Aug 25 03:37:15 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 01:26:39AM +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> well, where else would he connect the UPS to? His fish tank?

Based on past nonsensical threads in this list that is indeed a
possibility, yes.

> Surely if someone has a PC, and is subscribed to a Linux mailing linux
> and asks for advice on a hardware device then it would be related to
> compatibility as well.

Sorry, I don't make such assumptions; quite frankly neither should you
or anyone else.

> Someone running Windows probably wouldn't even know if there are other
> brands available than what he can get from his local PC shop. And just
> about every single piece of hardware, which can be purchased from any
> shop will always work on Windows. So why would he bother asking if it
> would work?

Does it make you feel better to insult the many, many millions of
people that run windows?

> EVEN if that's the case (staff leaving and people getting irretated),
> it's still no reason to be rude with someone without knowing all the
> facts to his question first.

I suppose it's too much to ask that people make a connection to CentOS
in their initial post so all these types of arguments can be put to
rest?  It not only makes the post valid but it also supplies the readers
of the list with the additional information they need to actually help
the original poster.  Note: I am simply using the OP of this thread as
an example, I am not necessarily pointing fingers.

> Many people would rather trust the advice given on a list like this
> than the advice given by a sales rep. Just cause you're a genius and
> don't need any help with anything ever, doesn't mean the next guy is
> as clever as you.

Lately the advice on this list is quite often of questionable worth.

							John
--
Yesterday was the first anniversary of the discovery of Neptune -- in Neptune
years.  11 July 2011 marks the first full orbit of the planet Neptune since its

-- Charlie Jane Anders, io9.com, based on an article by Tammy Plotner,
   universetoday.com, 11 July 2011