[CentOS] Off topic list for centos please?

Thu Aug 25 10:11:39 UTC 2011
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:00 PM +0100 Keith Roberts
<keith at karsites.net> wrote:

> I think the centos-offtopic list should also be centos
> related, but not so strict postings as the current list is.

Perhaps a better split would be centos-tech for "on topic" stuff
specifically about the OS and its packages, and something like centos-misc
for everything else. And perhaps a centos-advocacy for stuff like the
griping (whether justified or not) of the last few months, and for talking
about rival distros. (This mirrors the way the comp.os.linux newsgroups are
split.)

I consider the hardware threads on-topic insofar as they're about system
requirements for running the OS. Getting hardware to work with Linux has
always been an important issue.