[CentOS] CentOS 6 KDE: remove default icons

Thu Aug 25 15:24:40 UTC 2011
Michael D. Berger <m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com>

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:00:16 -0700, John Doe wrote:

> From: Michael D. Berger
> <m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com>
>
>> On my newly installed CentOS 6 I am running KDE (I think; I selected it
>> in the setup, but how would I know?).
>
> Only God would know...
>
>> It has three default icons:
>> Computer; Root's Home; Trash.  I do not see them in /root/Desktop. How
>> can I remove them?
>
> Did you go look into the Desktop controls...? There must be something
> like "Show icons on desktop" somewhere... Or you could maybe google for
> something like: "kde hide desktop icons"...
>
> JD

Yes, I found the control.  But it doesn't include the default icons.

I "solved" the problem with:

   yum remove nautilus

But now, when I put a directory in /root/Desktop, it does not
appear on the desktop.

I am now looking for a another file manager -- perhaps the one
used in my older CentOS.

Mike.