[CentOS] Off topic list for centos please?

Thu Aug 25 16:46:57 UTC 2011
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011, Kenneth Porter wrote:

>> I think the centos-offtopic list should also be centos
>> related, but not so strict postings as the current list is.

yeah -- just like there is presently any self control being
shown by certain serial offenders here.  We could set it up,
but the people who need to use it wont't

> Perhaps a better split would be centos-tech for "on topic" stuff

you know ... if the inmates were running the asylum, that
would be a SUPER idea

This list has turned into such a high noise, low signal (but
OPEN, DEMOCRATIC, and FREE SPEECH) cesspool that it has
succeeded in driving away substantially all posters bringing
content of tchnical merit here

tragedy of the commons, I guess

-- Russ herrold