[CentOS] Apache warns Web server admins of DoS attack tool

Thu Aug 25 20:45:53 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net>

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 13:31 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> --On Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:09 PM +0100 Always Learning
> <centos at u61.u22.net> wrote:
>
> > The temporary fix is shown on several web sites as this, shown below,
> > added to Apache's conf file:-

> I try to minimize changes to main files. Presumably putting that code in a
> separate file (eg. conf.d/RangeVulnerabilityWorkaround.conf) should work
> equally well?

I have a different set-up but I believe your suggestion should work.

I have broken-up the very large conf file (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf)
into 3 main parts. Part 1 is left in situ. Parts 2 and 3 are located
elsewhere.

#--------------  Section 2: 'Main' server configuration -------------

Include /data/config/apache/server.conf

include /data/config/apache/domain.*