[CentOS] Apache warns Web server admins of DoS attack tool

Fri Aug 26 19:02:06 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net>

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 14:19 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> If you and the rest of your
> team go out to lunch, and are killed by food poisoning, or an
> out-of-control senior citizen, anyone walking in will take a good bit
> longer to find where all versions of *Nix normally put their configuration
> files, ain't. And you *are* customizing /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.

We have D-O-C-U-M-E-N-T-A-T-I-O-N which remains behind we we go home, go
to lunch and go on holiday.

> I stay with std. practice, as much as I can.

I do too but where there are multiple servers using almost the same
setup, the changeable bits are 'included' and kept in individual files.

> I slept with Frisch's Essential Systems Administration. from
> O'Reilly.

I'll have a look but I prefer to sleep with someone who is warm and
cuddly. Not sure a book is an adequate substitute however interesting
the text may be :-)

> Oh, and php *certainly* requires configuration.

Can't remember what I changed in /etc if I changed it.

Paul.