[CentOS] was, Re: Cent OS 6 freezing up, is flash danger

Fri Aug 26 20:07:55 UTC 2011

Always Learning wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 14:54 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
>> Flash is dangerous. Treat it that way. I've got noscript, and the only
>> flash I see are ones *I* explicitly choose to watch.
>
> Yep. We have always been 100% Flash free. We thought it dangerous years
> ago but 99.9% of people seem desperate to use it. Nice to know we we
> *right*.

Oh, hey, then there's two of my favorite rants: flash and HR depts. A
couple of years ago, when I was jobhunting, there was one very large
corporation whose website had a *video* of some HR person telling you
about their "hot jobs", while you were trying to search. Then there was
the one, a couple years before, that had a flash video ->ON THE RESUME
SUBMISSION FORM<-....

           mark